Photos of certificates
We sang, our group "Pastor" Naomi Watere amazing full voice led us with praise and worship songs. And we sang to songs taught to some members of the group by the singer/music writer Betsy Rose from California, who visited and sang along with the Life Bloom in June 2016. We sang , "Gather the Women..gather the men. let the circle begin.." inviting those outside the circle to "Come to the waters where the circle never ends". Then there was special request from the male gradaunts, a beautifully worded song taught to us by Betsy Rose "How could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful, how could anyone ever tell you, you are less than whole????..." Mmmmmh, these lyrics speak to so many of us!
Some of the grandaunts will soon be knocking at your doors seeking to fill positions that are vacant, or seeking to learn from your enterprise as interns, kindly offer that space if you can, and ask for a recommendation from Life Bloom Services International . personally I will be more than delighted to stand by the applicant., do you have a position you need filled??? just in box me Catherine..
Milestones / impact
- Over the years, LBSI has able to directly benefit 8500 women/girls and a small number of men. They have been trained on the 5 steps model
- 1161 women/girls have been trained and certified on various courses which includes the 5 steps training curriculum (financial literacy, leadership skills, literacy skills and vocational training)
- 418 trained peer mentors and 43 senior mentors
- Most of these beneficiaries have started their own businesses.
- Others are into employment
- The 6 LBSI staff members keep on coaching, mentoring and monitoring the women/girls especially on their personal growth and businesses.
- Majority have also exited from sex work
" Life Bloom imenisaidia sana, sex work haikuwa interesting, ata jamii yetu ilikuwa imenitenga" Says Wambui, a reformed sex worker turned motivational speaker. She is a senior mentor, helping the organisation to reach out more girls.
Watch Life Bloom's Impact on Kenya Citizen TV
Selected achievements since our inception in 2004:
- 418 trained peer mentors and 43 senior mentors.
- Rescued and offered support to more than 150 survivors of Gender Based Violence and domestic human trafficking.
- 41 women and girls trained in Entrepreneurial and life skills through the Project Baobab Support in 2008. (about 70% are in business today).
- 36 women and girls (15 in catering, 13 in hairdressing and beauty therapy, 8 in computers) have been trained in 2009 through support of seed money from Global Fund for Women (SF). (65% are either in paid employment or self employment).
- 3 mentors trained in tailoring, bead work and other crafts , supported by community volunteers and friends from California (see products).
- 3 girls are in high schools and two sat Secondary School examinations in Nov 2009. (one of the ladies work for LBSI today).
- Women and girls taking up positions as responsible mothers and heads of families
- Two candidates wrote the national exams in 2008, KCPE and KCSE respectively. The KCPE graduate joined high school in January 2009.