Using a peer-mentoring model, we aim at reconstructing our clients’ self-esteem and help them fulfill their life dreams. LBSI exists to offer support to women and girls who have experienced abuse and exploitation in the sex work industry, in their transition towards more dignified lives. The organization has 6 project areas and the key among them are listed in figure below.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ORGANIZATION
Life Bloom is working towards achieving the following objectives for the benefit of its target group;
- Employing poverty reduction strategies for economic development
- Empowering the stigmatized and marginalized for gender equality
- Addressing reproductive health issues
- Providing access to education and vocational training
- Advocating for democracy and good governance
LBSI exists to offer support to women, girls and children who have experienced abuse and exploitation in the sex work industry, in their transition towards more dignified lives. The organization has 6 project areas and the key among them are:
- Counter human trafficking and exploitation
- Counseling interventions for all groups
- Training of the 5 STEPS Module which includes : (Financial Literacy, Entrepreneurship, Vocational skills, Life skills and Transformative Leadership skills)
- Reproductive health /HIV and AIDS
- Mitigation on sexual gender violence (GBV)
- Senior mentors activities
- Values: Inclusiveness and Respect for Humanity: greater participation and ownership by beneficiaries (gender inclusiveness)
- Transformation/change what do we want to see as change, what is to be changed and what should be done to bring that change
- Collaboration/Networking/Partnerships (local, regional, globalization).
- Holding People to Accountability
- Sustainability: good governance practices, volunteers, peer mentors/senior mentors/IGAs, local fundraisers.
|Peer mentoring-build capacities for beneficiaries to have a multiple effect on others.